Create Account Log In
pokedit
PokEdit Pocket for Apple
DNS: 023.239.001.212
go to GTS Menu

[FIXED] IP Address Error (No Friend Codes with IP Found)

Help with specific errors, Pokemon transfer, error codes on your DS, or any problems with transit.

[FIXED] IP Address Error (No Friend Codes with IP Found)

Postby » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Hey Pokedit Community,
   I have a BUG that has been persisting for about a WEEK now. Whenever I try to send POKE'MON to my game (via GTS), it always FAILS, giving me error 52100. I actually CHECKED some other posts including FRIEND CODE PROBLEM (http://www.pokedit.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5304&p=5970&hilit=ip+adress#p5970) and checked SOLUTION 2 as it says. And when I click the "!" to change my friend code at the GTS MENU, it says that MY IP ADRESS DOES NOT MATCH ANY FRIEND CODES!!! What is the PROBLEM, and how do I FIX it?
ADDITIONAL INFO:
Game: Poke'mon Black 2
System: Nintendo DS (Fatty)
Other: I actually HAVE used another DS system (Nintendo DSi) to receive Pokemon, but it still worked until my IP adress changed. I have the DNS correct and everything; it's just the transfer thats bothering me.

Thanks for the help!
                           -Poke' Woman
*NOTE: This topic is on the "Report a Bug" section of the board home as well
Last edited by on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
photo MySig_zpsbd7c5019.png

Re: Pokedit GTS IP Address Error

Postby » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I'm getting the same issue on my end.
The errors says that it's the IP address and that there is no compatible PIDs.
I've reset (turned the system on and off), went to GTS and still had the same friend code.

Postby » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:24 pm

You're saying the Friend Code is supposed to change when you reset the system? Well, that actually wouldn't help me because it's the IP address that doesn't match any Friend Codes (Pressing the "!" button on the GTS menu and clicking "change to it" have no effect, as the "change to it" does not appear). Also, what is a PID? I hear the term and I don't know what it is. The error I keep recieving is "Your IP address is *%$%&*^$%#%&*^%$@#%^&^ [I'm actually not going to disclose my IP address]. No Friend Codes match this address." This REALLY pisses me off because it WAS working before, and then during the recent period in which the Editor did not work, my IP address must have changed or something. Anyone willing to help?

Postby » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 pm

I kinda got it to work...After hours of fustrating trial and error
The Pal Code given to you in the game for just connecting to the GTS and thats all it is, A number. You actually have to trade once over the GTS for Pokedit to actually be able to connect to you IP. Once you make an official trade on the GTS, simply go to your GTS queue on Pokedit, click the exclamation point and it'll change your Friend Code and thats the one you need. 

However entering the GTS with DNS ,Pokedit gives you, seems to work at random. Ill connect sometimes. And other times itll simply give the infamous Error Code: 52100

Just keep trying to connect and you will connect eventually.

That is my expiernce and how I, personally got it to work. Have any problems understanding what I just posted feel free to message me. 

Postby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:09 am

Sratch that...Pokedit stopped working for me again...some weird reason it lost my ip again and doing the trade on the GTS didnt seem to work this time 

Postby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:33 am

Hey guys, I restarted the service that runs the GTS on our server. Let me know if it's still not working after I did that.
Overlord

Postby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:32 am

@ Cake,
   What does "restarting the service" do? Also, I think the main problem is also that my IP does not match any friend codes. Any way to fix THAT? Maybe changing the IP?

Need help!
-Poke' Woman

P.S. Sorry for posting on so many threads. Just trying to be helpful. An I know you probably get a crapload of questions and PMs from people, so my issue is not that important; only help when you have the time because you have to answer questions, update the site, research news, and (of course) you have a personal life.

Postby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:48 am

Well, I thought the error code you were receiving might be due to the PokEdit GTS Server having an issue. That's why I restarted it. Where/When are you getting that error Code (52100)? Did you just get it a few times or do you get it a lot?
Overlord

Postby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 am

@ Cake,
   Well, I got the error code UNTIL I changed the DNS back to "Auto-Obtain DNS". When I did that, obviously I'm no longer connected to Pokedit so the transfer service is rendered null. As for when/where the error appeared, it happened whenever I went to the GTS in my game. I had all three bars of signal and at the last few seconds it drops to none and gives me the error, excusing me from Nintendo WFC. Also, it is a seemingly haphazard issue, as when I test connection it is fine some times, other times during the connection it is the same problem with when I enter the GTS. Maybe it has to do with the new DNS. I posted on a different thread (http://www.pokedit.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=7012), as that might also be the new problem. Before the shutdowns on the site a few days ago, it was working. I uploaded, like, 30 Pok'e Mon, then the site wouldn't work, the next day I had the "Infinite Loading Bar" problem, and a few days after that. Then the DNS changed, and I created more Pok'e mon and now this issue. I'm not complaining, though. Actually, I'm spending my spare time trying to post help on as many threads as possible on the help forum (I have the last post on the first few). But help would be appreciated.

Thanks for helping,
Pok'e Woman

Postby » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 am

@Poke' Woman
Thanks a lot for helping out around the boards. I'm sure everyone really appreciates the help (as do I wah). I'm not sure what's causing this new error yet. And, I'm not sure how many people are experiencing the problem. It's hard to tell if it's a server issue or if it's isolated to a single user some times.

It looks like it's working sporadically. This could be a traffic issue, a server issue, or something else.  It doesn't seem to be as wide spread of an issue as the last ones though because the Help Email isn't overflowing with new emails. I'll have Wallace look into this more closely this evening. I apologize for the delay, but he's the one that's going to have to handle this problem because it seems to be a little to technical for me. sick
Overlord

Next

Return to Help Forum